Collision Questions Answered at Graff Mt. Pleasant

Ask Our Hank Graff Certified Collision Technicians Anything!

Ask Our Hank Graff Certified Collision Technicians Anything!

Get Coupons Save On Service! During Your Next Visit to Graff Okemos
Frequently Asked Questions

Read Our Collision FAQs for Valuable Information About Accidents and Collision Work

The Graff Mt. Pleasant Collision Center team is here to answer all your questions and take the stress out of collision repairs. Whether you have questions about what to do if you are involved in an accident, or if you’d like to know what to expect when you bring your car into our collision center for repair, Hank Graff Mt. Pleasant is here for you. No matter what kind of car you drive, or what repairs you need, our expert team of trained collision technicians will get your vehicle looking and running like new.

FAQs About Accidents

How do I get a copy of an accident report?
If you are filing an insurance claim, they will most likely request a copy of the Police Accident Report as part of the insurance claim process. If you need to obtain a copy of this report for your own use, or for your insurance company’s claim, contact the offices of the responding police department.
What should I do if I have an accident?
If you are involved in an accident, it’s important that you never leave the scene of an accident unless you are absolutely sure you have all the information you need to file your insurance claim. The information you will most likely need to exchange is license numbers, vehicle registration and insurance information of all drivers involved. You will also need to call 911 so the proper authorities can document the accident, or if a medical injury as occurred. If a parked vehicle or other property is damaged, or if a domestic animal is injured, you must locate the owner or contact the police. If you are not sure about anything, contact the authorities – better to be safe than sorry!
Will Hank Graff Chevy Collision Center contact my insurance company or should I contact them myself?
We highly recommend that you contact your insurance company first. However, if you prefer for us to contact them on your behalf, we would be more than happy to do so – or we can call the insurance company together. Our staff at Graff Chevy Collision Center is here to make this stressful process as easy as possible.
Where do I get a claim number?
Your insurance company typically provides claim numbers at the time when you report your accident. All you need to do is bring that number with you to the Hank Graff Collision Center and we can take care of the rest.

FAQs About Collision Work

Will Hank Graff Chevrolet Collision Center order the parts needed for my repair before I bring my vehicle in?
Yes, definitely! As soon as our Collision Center has your approval to repair your vehicle, we will order your parts. This will allow us to begin repairs on your vehicle as soon as you bring it in, getting you back on the road as quickly as possible.
How long will it take to fix my vehicle?
Our Collision Center will work hard to repair your damaged vehicle promptly. However, the time it takes to make the necessary repairs will vary depending on the damage of the vehicle and the availability of the parts needed.
Is my vehicle a total loss if the vehicle’s frame is damaged?
Not necessarily. Your vehicle is only considered to be a total loss if the damage exceeds the value of the vehicle - your insurance company determines this. Most vehicles are built with a unibody meaning the frame and body are molded into one. Our brilliant technicians have the knowledge and tools to help restore your vehicle back to factory specifications. If the damage is too extensive and it cannot be repaired, we will simply replace that part of the vehicle.
Can you match my vehicle’s paint color?
Of course! Our paint technicians have an extensive mixing system that can match your car’s existing paint precisely.
Should I replace my child’s car seat after an accident?
Yes. It is recommended by the National SAFEKIDS Network that you replace any car seat that has been in a vehicle during a collision.
When I get home, can I wash or wax my car?
Yes. We do suggest, however, that if you are going to wash your car that you use a mild soap and a soft cloth/sponge. We recommend that you avoid commercial car washes for at least 30 days as the stiff brushes and super jets can scratch the finish. We also recommend that you do no wax your vehicle for at least 30 days as well – this gives your paint enough time to cure. The care you give your vehicle will determine how the paint will look for years after it has cured.
Do I have to pay a deductible when I pick up my vehicle?
It depends. If you are required to pay a deductible, you will need to have it paid at the time when your repairs are completed and you come to pick up your vehicle.
What types of payments do you accept?
We accept cash, VISA, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover, check, and money orders.
Can the Graff Mt. Pleasant Collision Center give me a ride home when I drop my vehicle off?
Yes! We are more than happy to give you a ride home or a ride to work. Also, we can come and pick you up when your vehicle’s repairs are completed.
What areas does the Hank Graff Collision Center service?
We are proud to serve customers all over Mid-Michigan, including Mt. Pleasant, Ithaca, Beal City, Winn, Delwin, Rosebush, Crawford, Alembic, Big Rapids, and beyond!

Were Your Collision & Accident Questions Answered?

The team at Hank Graff’s Chevrolet Collision Center near Mt. Pleasant, MI is here to provide you with all the answers to your collision repair questions! If you have further questions, or need help with your auto body repair, we’re here to help! Give us a call at 989-773-3937.

Schedule Appointment Let Us Handle It! It Could Save Your More Than You Think
Closer Than You Think! Hank Graff Chevrolet Mt Pleasant is committed to providing you with integrity and convenience, all close to home.

Check out how close we are to your home, work, and all your favorite places in the Mt. Pleasant area!

Get Directions